Young ICCA Skills Training Workshop: The Basics of International Arbitration
The theme of the workshop is the Basics of International Arbitration, focusing on two topics: “Initiating Arbitral Proceedings: How and Where to Start” and “Arbitration under Bilateral Investment Treaties: A Case Study of the Cortec Mining Kenya Limited & Others v. Republic of Kenya”. The first topic will be addressed by a panel consisting of one arbitration practitioner and one arbitrator, who will discuss this topic from their different perspectives. The second topic will feature two investor-state dispute settlement (ISDS) experts who will give a theoretical background on this topic as well as discuss key issues concerning the Cortec Mining case. They will also touch on the public policy aspects of ISDS.
The faculty members include:
- Mr. Nikhil Desai, JMiles & Co
- Mr. Imende Geoffrey, Mohammed Muigai LLP
- Ms. Njeri Kariuki, Njeri Kariuki Advocate, ICC Court Arbitrator
- Ms. Pauline Mcharo, Office of the Attorney General and Department of Justice
- Mr. Ken Melly, IKM Advocates
- Dr. Willy Mutunga,SC, EGH, Retired Chief Justice and President of the Supreme Court of Kenya
Interested in receiving event updates?
Sign up for Young ICCA Membership to receive email updates on all Young ICCA events and workshops.