Newly launched: the Young ICCA Essay Competition
We are pleased to launch the inaugural edition of the Young ICCA Essay Competition. The Competition furthers the mission of Young ICCA to open the doors of international arbitration to talented young practitioners, and to give them a platform to showcase their written advocacy skills.
The winner of the Competition will be awarded a speaking slot at the prestigious ICCA Congress in Edinburgh, Scotland and the winning essay will be published in the ICCA Congress Series. The winner will also receive a Congress registration fee waiver and a reasonable contribution towards travel to the Congress venue and hotel accommodation during the Congress.
To enter the competition, please review the information carefully on the Young ICCA Essay Competition page before submitting your entry.
Key submission requirements:
Deadline: 30 April 2022.
- Word count: no more than 3000 words (not including footnotes).
- Participants may only submit one entry, which must be original work. Co-authored works will be declined.
- Submissions are to be written in the English language.
- Open to all practitioners and students under the age of 40 at the date of entering the competition.
- You need not be a member of Young ICCA to participate, but we encourage you to apply for membership and become part of the the world’s leading arbitration knowledge and skills network for young practitioners.
After the final submission date, all entries will be reviewed by the Young ICCA Essay Competition Committee. The Young ICCA Essay Competition Committee will create a shortlist of 5-10 entries, from which the Advisory Board will select the final winner. Please note: Any entrants that are related to ICCA Foundation, Inc. Board Members, ICCA NGO Governing Board Members or Advisory Board Members, Young ICCA Co-Chairs, the Young ICCA Competition Committee and any individual involved in the decision-making process will be excluded from consideration.
For more information, visit the Young ICCA Essay Competition page. If you have any questions about the Essay Competition, you can contact the Editorial Co-Directors at email@example.com